Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love Day Conversation Hearts

I recently saw this cute Valentine's décor idea on Pinterest:
Super cute conversation hearts with family names painted on them. love this idea! Valentine decoration
 See the blog here.
I just got a fun new toy for my B-day (a Cricut),
so I thought this would be a cute way to try it out!
 
I started with the wood hearts from Hobby Lobby ($1.99 each)
 
I chose some cute Valentin-ey paint colors to paint them:


 Painted the wood hearts:
(Not too crazy about the yellow, but didn't have anything better)
 
Used my Cricut to cut out each of our names, and stick them onto the hearts:
 
I stapled some cute gray and white chevron striped ribbon onto the backs of the hearts:
 
Et...voila!  A cute conversation heart Valentine decoration!

 
I realized that on the real conversation heart candies, the
writing is in pink/red.  I only had black vinyl, but it would be cute in other colors. 
I also think it would be cute
if you put the actual conversation heart phrases on it.
(txt me, luv u, hug me, etc...)
 
Happy Love Day!!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. They turned out so cute. I have a yw who love this project. I will have to show her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete