Monday, December 5, 2011

This is why my Mom says I have too much free time...

Too much time on my hands??
Maybe....
I like to be crafty year-round, 
but there's something about the Holiday's
that makes me want to go craft crazy.

Here are the crafts that I've done lately:
(DISCLAIMER:  I didn't come up with ANY of these ideas myself.  I see something I like, and I make it!)

1.   Felt Wreath: a friend had a cool magazine with felt craft projects where I got most of the idea for this.

2.  Tooth Pillow:  Saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea for my little man, who will start loosing teeth any day now!    


3.  Advent Calendar:  I also saw this on Pinterest.  Each day has a card with something our family can do together that's related to Christmas.  The project was pretty time consuming, but I like how it turned out.  By the way, I learned that you can sew paper together!  I don't know why I didn't realize that before...


4.  Felt Stockings:  Our family did not have matching stockings, so I thought it would be fun to make our own.  Using Pinterest as inspiration, I cut out the stocking shape (green for the boys, red for the girls), and a bunch of felt shapes.  For a family night I let each person decorate their stocking however they wanted and the next day I sewed them all together.  I love how they coordinate but they're each different.  
 Dad's and Mom's on top, the kids' on the bottom (even a 5 year old can decorate a stocking!)

5.  Burlap covered cones:  Doesn't sound very fancy, but I saw these on Pinterest and a couple blogs I follow and thought they were cute.  I left one plain and added some yarn to the other.  The bases are candlesticks.  The tall tree is actually sitting on a candle to add height.


6.  Christmas Card Holder:  Just used a ribbon and some wooden clothespins.  Paint the clothespins, then cover the front with cute paper.  Now all I need are some Christmas Cards...(hint, hint)


7.  Crocheted Ear Warmer:  I've been working with some friends to learn to crochet and I whipped this together after our last craft day.  I'm especially proud of the flower.  Thanks to YouTube I was able to learn how to do that on my own last night and I think it turned out so cute!  And thanks to having to take pictures of myself, I learned that I don't like my nose :)  See, it's not just about crafting, it's about self discovery!

There you have it!
My recent craftiness. 

Wow, when I see it all written out like that,
I think my Mom was right!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stockings! I think our family did that once. Thats why Kirsten never had a stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The felt flowers are so much cuiter than the ones I made last week! And MAK is right. Make sure you save some of the extra shapes incase another kid comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darned straight... your Mom WAS right!!! But your crafts all turned out great- you should be really pleased with yourself and I'll bet your family loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so cute! What fun projects and you are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post!! You can crochet?? Woman of many talents!!

    ReplyDelete