Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Midwestern Marquee's

I keep telling my hubby that I'm going to take pictures of all the weird marquee's on the churches in the Midwest and write a book.  But I'm not.

But I am constantly surprised by the different little quotes that the churches around the Midwest use on their marquee's.  Sometimes they're just silly or church-y.  But a lot of the time they're shocking.  This summer one of the churches in my area had a saying that went something like "stoners welcome here."  Am I the only one that would be surprised to see that advertised at a church?!  Anyway, I finally pulled over the other day and took a picture of one of the signs and I wanted to share it.  I'll keep adding more as I see them.

I liked this one because I saw it soon after I had gotten home from 
driving 3 hours in a brutal winter storm. 
(This is also the same church that had the "stoners" sign in the summer.)


2 comments:

  1. This is to funny! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! I have seen some funny ones here in Idaho too!

    ReplyDelete