Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Screwey

I have to document something that I did to my little man the other day.  It still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

I was getting ready to put his PJ's on and he was being crazy, as usually happens right before bed.  He rolls on the floor and is laying there when I notice that there is a small screw under him.  So I ask him, "What's this?  Where did this come from?"  He looks at it and shrugs his shoulder like he doesn't have a clue.  So I decided to take the opportunity to really freak him out. 

So in my best "worried Mom" voice I say, "OH NO!!  Your screw fell out!"  He looks up at me and begins to get a questioning look on his face.  I continue..."Oh, this is bad!  Your screw fell out, and if we don't put it back real soon, you're going to fall apart!"  Just then hubby walks by so I call him in and explain the bad news to him.  By this time, the little man is starting to panic.  He gets up immediately and comes right next to me and lays on his belly on the floor.  Then with a look of complete fear he lifts his head up and says to me, "hurry Mom!!  Put it back!"  He's seriously freaking out, afraid that at any minute he will literally fall apart.

Poor little guy...I finally smiled and told him that I was just teasing him.  He got a cute little grin and with a sigh he even chuckled a little.  Even he thought it was funny.

2 comments: