So these are the yummy cookies I made last night.
Aren't I just so domestic?!
I got the recipe from Paula Deen. I made one batch
and slightly under-cooked them (I am a sucker for a dough-ey cookie).
Those were my favorites, even though they turned out a little flat.
The cookies in the picture were cooked the full time and
came out nice and plump.
These cookies are super soft and were even better this morning for breakfast!
The recipe couldn't be easier...enjoy!!
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened (don't worry, you can't taste the cream cheese)
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (18 oz) box of moist chocolate cake mix
Powdered sugar for dusting
Mix cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Add the egg, then vanilla and mix well. Add cake mix and mix until all ingredients are combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (makes it easier to shape). Roll into tablespoon sized balls and roll each ball in powdered sugar. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 12 minutes.
Helpful tip: I found it was MUCH easier to get a spoon full of dough and drop it into the powdered sugar. Then as you roll it in the sugar, form it into a ball. Otherwise your hands will become a chocolatey mess.
oh YUM!!! I may need to re-post this on our blog. I like the new look of yours. And good choice to go with Paula Dean. Come down to GA and I will take you to Savannah.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to go to Savannah!! I think when we have to transfer next year we're going to rank Atlanta pretty high on our preference list. Wouldn't that be fun?!
ReplyDeleteThese look so yummy and so tempting to make, but I am going to resist...when it is just me I get to eat them all. Maybe you can make them when you come so I can have just one. :)
ReplyDelete