Monday, November 8, 2010

What kind of Mom...

This is me at 2:24 p.m.
right about when I needed to be at the preschool to get the young one.

One of our cars has a dead battery, the other decided it didn't want to start today after I had already dropped the young one off at preschool.  This was VERY bad.  Here's why: I have NO FRIENDS and I barely know my neighbors.  Therefore, I had NO ONE to call to bail me out!  I called hubby at work (knowing there's nothing he can do, but I didn't know who else to call), he tried to call someone from our church and they didn't answer.  So, one of the preschool teachers had to bring the young one home from school.  

I felt like such a loser like I had somehow let the young one down even though he was FINE and had fun riding in his teachers car.  

I just know that next time I drop the young one off at school I'll get the "what kind of Mom are you" look.  Just the thought makes me cringe.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have moments like these, made so much worse when you don't know anyone! I hope you meet some friendlies soon, sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so sorry to hear it, you should have tons of friends, or you should move here so we can help you out next time...or both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had such a crappy experience. Remember that sometimes no one is giving us that look. And if they are, flatten one of their tires and see how they handle it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, to bad you don't have sister who lives nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb I totally would have called you, but by the time you could have gotten here you would have had to pick up your own kids! Trust me, I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete