Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"for REAL?!" finds

Don't you LOVE treasure hunts?!  That's what shopping at thrift stores feels like to me.  I started checking out thrift stores in my area, and I've been so excited by what I'm finding! 

First of all, thrift stores are a great place to find kids clothes.  Especially for little boys who seem to ruin anything in about a month.  I recently bought my little man a pair of black Nike sneakers (with velcro: hallelujah) at a thrift store for .75.  He's obsessed with them and I won't feel bad about pitching them in a month or two when he wears them out! 

Secondly, I've been so surprised to find some really nice (name brand) clothes for me.  So I want to share some of my recent favorites:

I LOVE this jacket!  It's 100% wool...I know...
that means dry clean only.  But I made an exception because
I only paid $2 for this!  It gets better.......It's from 
Banana Republic!

I splurged a bit on this one.  I paid $8 but I didn't mind because:
1) I love it, and 
2) It's Ralph Lauren

Thrifting has been a great way for me to find some sweet deals on cute clothes.  Deals that will have you looking at the price tag and thinking "for REAL?!"  If you haven't already, go for a treasure hunt at your local thrift store!  

Special thanks to my lovely model :)

4 comments:

  1. The jackets are gorgeous and perfect for fall. Enjoy your shopping excursions and keep posting. Loved seeing you and Joseph last weekend--sorry we didn't get to see the littles. Soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get better buys out East than you do in Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finds! What fabulous deals. I love thrift stores (duh). Should we hit some together at Thanksgiving?


    http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/11/doggone-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...I thought you WERE the model.I thought those tops looked a bit big:)

    ReplyDelete