Friday, November 12, 2010

Coaster Craftiness

 I was recently checking out some new blogs I found, and I ran into a really cool blog with lots of great crafting ideas.  I do love me some crafting, so I checked out her "freebies" link here:My Computer is my Canvas and decided that this craft was for me!  So I went and bought my supplies and here's what I did:


The tiles were a whopping 16 cents at Lowes and I got the felt tabs in an 84 pack for under $3.  I printed some of my paper from the freebie section here, and I used some scrapbooking paper also.  I slapped some Mod Podge on the tile, then placed the paper on top and I used my ruler to smooth out any bubbles.  Then I put 2 coats of Mod on top of the paper (letting it dry about 10 min between coats).  Then I sprayed the finish spray and let them dry overnight.  This morning I added the felt pads, et voila!!


These would be perfect as a gift!
No more water stains on our table!

I love the colors and patterns!

These are the "conversation coasters"
 These were quick, easy, and fun to make!  I'm so glad there are creative people out there who give me ideas so I can be crafty!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so fun!! I've got a little crafty lately myself, it is addictive! Wish we could craft together and catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And they would make a good Cristmas present! Humm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw something similar on the home and garden website. They used clear tiles and put the paper on the bottom. I love it! Fun and practical!

    ReplyDelete